TeraFlex JK Heavy-Duty Ball Joints are engineered to handle the increased load caused by oversized tires and offset wheels. Fits all JK Wrangler models with Dana 30 or Dana 44 axles.
We recommend the use of ball joints without knurls as they will not score the inner knuckle and open up the bore.
Otherwise these ball joints (with knurls) are used for ball joints that have a loose press fit in the inner knuckle due to repeated ball joint replacement or if knurled ball joints have been installed in the past.
UPPER BALL JOINT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Extremely hard sintered wear bushings to handle extreme side load demands without failure
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud and 1045 carbon steel housing
- Factory style serrated flange nut and grease fitting
LOWER BALL JOINT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Hard alloy tool steel slotted wear plate for ball/stud to socket wear protection
- Wear plate features grease channels for increased flow through entire joint ensuring longevity and predictable operation
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion & friction throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud
- Huge 30mm (1.18”) ball
- Factory style serrated flanged castle nut
- Ball joint pre-load adjustability provides the end user with near effortless wear adjustment
- Low-profile single lip dust seal eliminates torn conventional dust boot concerns
- Adjustable ball stud retaining ring for accurate initial and future preload adjustments that can be done without any axle disassembly
- Adjustable preload can be performed with simple hand tools
- Adjustable end cap with two zerk fittings allow greasing access from either side w/out axle shaft removal even with larger RCV shafts
- Dual helical grease grooves machined in the retaining ring allow spent grease to exit through the low-profile seal
- Low-profile seal prevents contaminants, while allowing spent grease to evacuate from the ball joint
This kit includes two Upper Ball Joints and two Lower Ball joints